Ascent to the hut
The Binntal hut has been entirely renovated in 2018. Protection of the environment was one of the priorities of the renovation because of the location in the natural park. The number of beds has not been increased, but the dormitories have been split to improve the comfort.
There are 50 beds spread over several dormitories of different sizes : two dormitories with 12 beds each, 4 dormitories with six beds and one double room.
From the dining hall you can admire the sunset over the Nesthorn and the seating areas around the hut allow you to enjoy a small meal in the sun and to enjoy summer evenings.
In CHF, per person, tourist taxes and VAT included.
Winter prices 2019-2020:
Binntal hut is not warded.
|Categories||Accommodation (members)||Accommodation (non-members)|
|Youngs below 22 years||24.-||32.-|
|Mountain guides, UIAGM, group leader 2||0.-||35.-|
Summer prices 2019:
|Categories||½ board (members) 1||Accommodation (members)||½ board (non-members) 1||Accommodation (non-members)|
|Children from 0 to 5 years old||15.-||5.-||20.-||10.-|
|Children from 6 to 11 years old||37.-||15.-||44.-||22.-|
|Youngs from 12 to 17 years old||46.-||18.-||55.-||27.-|
|Youngs from 18 to 22 years old||53.-||18.-||62.-||27.-|
|Mountain guides, UIAGM, group leader 2||35.-||0.-||70.-||35.-|
|Room with 2 bunk beds, on reservation 3||140.-||70.-||175.-||105.-|
SAC members, Swiss military service personel and foreign Alpine Clubs with mutual recognition shall be considered as members.
1 The half-board includes accomodation, dinner, breakfast and tea (for the next-day hike)
2 Group leader = Responsible person of a group of at least 10 people
3 Price for the room
IBAN: CH57 0900 0000 4003 5371 9
Banque: PostFinance SA, Mingerstrasse 20, 3030 Bern, Switzerland
Owner: CAS Delémont, Cabane Binntal, 2800 Delémont
- The waste from the hut is sorted and flown down by helicopter. We kindly ask you to take your own waste with you.
- Dogs are not allowed inside the hut, but they can stay overnight in a shelter next to the building. A blanket will be provided.
- Please keep your dog on a leash during your hike to the hut to protect the local wildlife. Please keep your dog on a leash around the hut too.
- Dinner is served at 7PM. Please inform the guardian if you arrive after 7PM, so that your meal will be kept warm for you. Breakfast is usually served between 6:30AM and 8AM. Please inform the guardian in the evening if you would like to leave earlier.
- If you have special dietary requirements, you can mention these when you book your stay.
- Please inform us when booking if you would iike a picnic for a groups of more than four people. Smaller groups are requested to notify the guardian upon arrival at the hut.
- The hiking tea is included in the price of half board.
- You are not obliged to buy food or drink at the hut.
- We accept Swiss Francs and Euros. We do not accept card payments.
- Reduced prices are available provided you can show proof of eligibility.
- Announce yourself to the guardian when you arrive. He or she will show you your bed for the night. Beds are allocated depending on the size of the groups and the number of guests.
- All beds have a pillow and a blanket (duvet). The use of a sleeping bag liner is obligatory. If you don’t have one you can buy one at the hut.
- Slippers for inside use are available when you enter the hut.
TERMS AND CONDITIONSDownload the Terms and Conditions (PDF)
WATER AND ELECTRICITY
- After snowmelt the water is taken directly from a source above the hut. In summer this source runs dry and water is then taken from the river downhill, close to a second source. The water is not safe to drink. Electricity is generated using solar panels.